CONVICTION




CONVICTION?
2 Timothy 4:2
Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction.

2 Timothy 3:1-7 (NASB)
“But realize this, that in the last day’s difficult times will come.  For men, will be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy, unloving, irreconcilable, malicious gossips, without self-control, brutal, haters of good, treacherous, reckless, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God,

holding to a form of godliness, although they have denied its power; Avoid such men as these...

Claiming to be a Christian but no evident change. No transformation. Claiming to be -but living the opposite. Sunday Christians. Not even wanting God to require too much from them.

always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.”

You can learn and learn, but if the Truth isn’t in your heart then learning does you little.
And I mean the Entire Truth, the Easy, and the hard. The ENTIRE WORD. We cannot pick and choose. Not just forgiveness but righteousness also.

What is truth? Jesus said in,
2 Timothy 2:15b “…correctly handles the Word of truth” and then He said in John 1:1 “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”

If you claim to know Jesus, then there will be evident change in You.

God expects a LOT, but He also GIVES a lot!


Now for some that means Sinners will be Convicted and come to Christ. While, of course, that happens! But, I think, and I believe that means we, whom, do believe Are CONVICTED and turn to RIGHT living. We are changed. We get right!

Christ did not die for us so that we could continue to live our way, but to live His way.

You say, oh but Pastor Gregg I’m just human. Do You know what that is? An excuse! The same Power that raised Christ from the dead is in you. But the choice is yours. Plug into that power. The lamp isn’t going to work unless you plug it in. Power does you NO good unless you use it.

When the truth is preached -conviction always follows!

The same Holy Spirit that shows me that I need the gospel is the same Holy Spirit that shows me how to treat others.

The same Holy Spirit that saves my butt from hell is the same Holy Spirit that gets me out of my habits and sin…

The same Holy Spirit that delivers me from my anger, my rebellion, my addictions, and empowers me and my ministry to be faithful to Him.

When the truth is preached conviction is evident. There is no way to avoid it.

So, you may ask, why aren’t people being convicted today in our culture?

Simple, because the Complete Word of God is not being preached in today’s culture. We want our ears tickled. We gotta be PC.

Please, please, don’t take that as some bold, arrogant statement. Hereby me Saying that only I preach the truth. Please don’t. Keep me in context.

There are plenty of good preachers in this city. There are a lot of people in the world that preach the truth, okay I may say a lot of people with a little bit of caution.

But at the end of the day, culture proves it, you’re going to have to burn some rubber and use some gas to find a man of God that will stand up and that preaches the uncompromised Word of God without coloring it, without changing it,

This is the Bible! Again, this is the Bible, the Word of God, let the chips fall where they may.

Am I worried about offending someone? No! Do you think at the end of the day I worry about running someone off? No! So, stop thinking I do. Could I be gentler, Yes! But do I worry about offending someone.

Oh, my gosh, Did I offend someone on Facebook? Oh, I better not post that. Oh, I better not share that video. I might offend someone. Oh, I better not preach that. Do I toss and turn at night? Thinking I upset someone? No, I don’t!

Guess what. I will offend someone. Because I will. It does not matter what I say anyway because someone is always offended.

Why? Because When the truth is preached -conviction always follows the Truth!

I’ll end this with…
Ephesians 4:15 speaking the truth in love, we will grow to become in every respect the mature body of him who is the head, that is, Christ.
1 Peter 1:16 because it is written, “You shall be holy, for I am holy.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Speak

Repent

CR seven features